Scarlett Johansson is the top-grossing actor of 2016. She has had a great year with the commercial success of “Captain America: Civil War” and the critically acclaimed but much less commercial “Hail, Caesar!” where she was part of an ensemble cast that included the likes of Channing Tatum, George Clooney and Josh Brolin among others. “Captain America: Civil War” grossed over $1.15 billion worldwide while “Hail, Caesar!” brought in $1.2 billion. She narrowly overtook her “Captain America: Civil War” co-stars Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans. Scarlett Johansson has come a long way from being a 90s child actor to one of the biggest stars of on the planet. Here are some interesting facts that you did not know about her:
1. Scarlett was born on November 22, 1984 along with her twin brother Hunter. If you are into technicalities, she is the elder of the two as she was born three minutes before him.
2. Scarlett is an alumna of the famous Manhattan Professional Children’s School, which also boasts of other famous celebrities among its alumnus including Sarah Michelle Gellar and Carrie Fisher.
3. Scarlett’s first television appearance was in a skit at the age of eight in 1993 in Conan O’Brian’s show “Late Night With Conan O’Brian”
4. Scarlett debuted as an actor at the young age of nine in Rob Reiner’s 1994 fantasy comedy-drama “North.” She went on to appear in other 90s movies, including “Just Cause,” “If Lucy Fell,” Home Alone 3” and “The Horse Whisperer.”
5. Scarlett auditioned for the lead role in 1998’s hit movie “The Parent Trap.” The part finally went to Lindsay Lohan.
Click “Next” To Continue Reading…