Sarah Jessica Parker catapulted to stardom with her role as Carrie Bradshaw in the hit HBO TV series “Sex and the City.” The role got her numerous awards, including two Emmys, four Golden Globes and three Screen Actors Guild Awards. She is today one of the biggest style icons on the planet with great commercial appeal. She reprised her role as Carrie Bradshaw in the 2008 movie “Sex and the City” and 2010 movie “Sex and the City 2.” Here are some interesting facts you did not know about Sarah Jessica Parker:
1. Parker’s first big break came when she was only 14 years old on Broadway. She played the titular role in “Annie” in 1979.
2. Parker was fourth of the eight children and came from a family of limited means. She says that there weren’t always enough gifts to go around for everyone. It is this hard truth that she wants to instill in her kids and doesn’t want them to fill entitled.
3. Parker’s parents divorced when she was young and she was raised by her mother. She started supporting her family from an early age through her paychecks from her singing and dancing gigs.
4. Parker’s big break was in “Annie” but her debut on Broadway was through her role in 1976’s Broadway “The Innocents.” In order to encourage her career, Parker’s family moved to New Jersey.
5. Parker is an alumna of New York City’s School of American Ballet, Cincinnati’s School for Creative and Performing Arts, the New York Professional Children’s School and Hollywood High School in Los Angeles, California.
Click “Next” To Continue Reading…