At some point in our lives, we have all come across the advice to consume lemon water first thing in the morning every day. Yet, most of us don’t heed to this simple advice. Some of us want to take it up but keep postponing it, while others don’t think it isn’t of much use. Either ways we want to persuade you to get started on this right away as the numerous health benefits of lemon water can do a whole lot of good for you. We list here 12 amazing health benefits of lemon water.
1. Lemon water is great in countering digestive problems, especially when consumed first thing in the morning. It is very effective against digestive issues such as heartburn, intestinal gas and bloating. It also improves the overall efficiency of the digestive system.
2. Lemons are natural antiseptics. Hence, they act as a powerful cleansing agent in kidney, liver and blood. The way you feel is greatly affected by the state of your liver. An overworked liver makes you feel uncomfortable and low, while a healthy liver gives you a boost of energy and makes you feel great. Consuming lemon water early in the day regularly cleanses your liver and hence gradually improves your daily energy.
3. Lemon is rich in Vitamin C, and good source of minerals such as magnesium, calcium and potassium. Hence, having lemon water daily fulfils the daily quota of these vitamins and minerals. The nutrients in lemon also help in clearing your head and help you feel fresh.
4. Lemon water is high on Vitamin C, which gives it its antioxidant, antibiotic, detoxifying and cleansing properties. These properties of lemon water makes it extremely effective in improving overall skin quality.
5. Lemon is known for its citric acid content, but it does not have an acidic effect on the body. In fact, the minerals in lemon have an alkalizing effect on the body. The acidic or alkaline effect that a food has on our body is not determined by the acidic content in the food, but on the way it is metabolized by our bodies.
6. Some studies have shown that lemon also has anti-carcinogenic properties and hence can be effective in preventing cancer. This is because of the presence of a flavonoid compound called limonoid glucosides. The studies have also shown that lemon has a much longer protective effect than other naturally occurring anti-cancer compounds.
Click “Next” To Continue Reading